Saturday, July 08, 2017

New Mystic Romance from Fun Stampers Journey



I am always so excited to share something here on my blog, and super excited about this post.  Fun Stampers Journey just released their big, yearly catalog.  Just looking through the catalog makes me want to sit down and create with both current and new products.  Lots of gorgeous new things this year, and this is one of them.  This card uses stamps from the new Mystic Romance collection.  Richard Garay, founder of Fun Stampers Journey, does an exceptional job at finding what is on trend before it is a trend.  This collection reflects the embroidery trend that is so hot right now in fashion.

I heat embossed the flowers and leaves on River Stone cardstock with Journey White Embossing powder.  All the stamps in this collection show the thin lines that mimic that awesome hot look of embroidery.  I love how the embossing looks, but take a look at the fern and the sentiment I have stamped on my card panel.  I used our True Color Fusion ink pads in River Stone and Fresh Forest to stamp those and look at the texture and detail.  Yes, please!



I really wanted a soft, romantic, elegant look to this card.  So my colors reflect that and the set goes perfectly with this look.  Although I do have flowers on the front, this could be a great masculine card, or even a holiday card with a different sentiment.

After I stamped the fern in River Stone, and the smaller stamp from that same set (the little curly cue) in Fresh Forest onto the Butter Cream cardstock panel, I used our new large dauber along with River Stone and Fresh Forest along the edges to create more depth, then matted this card panel with Raspberry Berry cardstock.



I love this soft look with this stamp set.  Next week I'll share another project using different colors, but the same stamp sets.

For more information and inspiration, check out the Richard Garay Signature Page on Facebook as he has been showing live videos creating projects from this collection and the Fun Stampers Journey Blog here.   And my teammates and co-workers with Fun Stampers Journey, Michelle WoernerLaura Williams, and Mariana Grigsby are also sharing their amazing projects using Mystic Romance as well.

See you next week!

The Mystic Romance Stamps Used:

Sweet Poppy Stamp Set AT-0266
Day Ferm Stamp Set AT-0264
Embroidered Greetings SS-0507



Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Love the pops of green on the fern. So pretty! I just linked you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!